Solid-Liquid Phase Change in Porous Media: Solution by Boundary Integral Method
This paper develops the dual reciprocity boundary integral method for solving coupled mass, momentum, and energy transport problems governed by the one-phase physical model of the solid-liquid phase change of a substance saturating a nonhomogenous porous matrix.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wrobel, L.C. and Brebbia, C.A. (1991) An Overview of Boundary Element Applications to Nonlinear Heat Transfer Problems, Wriggers, P., Wagner, W. (eds.), Nonlinear Computational Mechanics. Springer, Berlin, pp. 226–239.Google Scholar
- 2.Šarler, B., Mavko, B. and Kuhn, G. (1993) Chapter 16: A Survey of the Attempts for the Solution of Solid-Liquid Phase Change Problems by the Boundary Element Method, Brebbia, C.A. and Wrobel, L.C. (eds.) Computational Methods for Free and Moving Boundary Problems in Heat and Fluid Flow. Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton and Elsevier Applied Science, London, pp. 373–400.Google Scholar
- 3.šarler, B. and Košir, A. (1993) Solution of Melting and Solidification Problems by the Dual Reciprocity Boundary Element Method, Lewis, R.W. (ed.) Numerical Methods in Thermal Problems. Pineridge Press, Swansea, pp. 139–150.Google Scholar
- 4.Šarler, B. and Košir, A. (1995) Solution of One-phase Solid-Liquid Phase Change Enthalpy Equation by the Dual Reciprocity Boundary Element Method, Wrobel, L.C. Šarler, B. and Brebbia, C.A. (eds.) Computational Modelling of Moving and Free Boundary Problems-III. Comp. Mech. Publications, Southampton, (in print).Google Scholar
- 5.Šarler, B., Mavko, B. and Kuhn G. (1993) Mixture Continuum Formulation of Convection-Conduction Energy Transport in Multiconstituent Solid-Liquid Phase Change Systems for BEM Solution Techniques, Eng.Anal, Vol. 11, pp. 109–117.Google Scholar
- 8.Voller, V.R. and Swaminathan, C.R. (1991) General Source Based Method for Solidification Phase Change, Num.Heat Transfer, Vol. 19B, pp. 175–189.Google Scholar