Stepping Stone Models in Population Genetics and Population Dynamics
We summarize the results of two kinds of stepping stone models arising in population genetics and population dynamics. Although these two describe different phenomena they are closely related through a duality relation. We further attempt to generalize this framework as much as possible.
KeywordsStochastic Differential Equation Ergodic Theorem Markov Chain Model Continuous Time Markov Chain Interact Particle System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Kimura; “Stepping stone” model of population, Ann. Rept. Nat. Inst. Genetics Japan 3 (1953), 62–63.Google Scholar
- M. Kimura &. Weiss; The stepping stone model of population structure and decrease of genetical correlation with distance, Genetics 49 (1964), 561–576.Google Scholar
- T. Maruyama; Stochastic problems in population genetics, Lecture Notes in Biomathematics 17, Springer-Verlag (1977) .Google Scholar
- T. Shiga; An interacting system in population genetics, J. Math. Kyoto Univ. 20 (1980), 212–242 and 723-733.Google Scholar
- T. Shiga &Uchiyama; Stationary states and their stability of the stepping stone model involving mutation and selection, to appear in Z. Wahr. Verw. Geb. (1986).Google Scholar