Numerical Simulations of Reduction of Wavepackets
According to the Machida-Namiki theory a physical information can be acquired from quantum measurement processes by averaging quantum events over many-Hilbert spaces. The averaging process causes an irreversibility. In this paper several numerical simulations were performed to testify how quantum coherence is lost during measuring processes and how the reduction of wavepacket is eventually caused.
KeywordsPhase Shift Interference Pattern Quantum Coherence Potential Strength Neutron Counting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [2.A]for review, Machida, S. and Namiki, M., 1984, Proc. Int. Symp. on Foundations of Quantum Mechanics, eds. S. Kamefu- chi, et al. (Phys. Soc. Japan, Tokyo) 127, 136Google Scholar
- [2.B]Namiki, M., 1986, Proc. Int. Conf. on Microphysi- cal Reality and Quantum Formalism, eds. A. van der Merwe and G. Tarozzi (D. Reidel, Dordrecht) to be published;Google Scholar
- [2.C]Namiki, M., Found. Phys., to be published; Namiki, M., Proc. Int. Workshop on Matter-Wave Interference, 1987, Vienna, to be published in Physica.Google Scholar
- For example, Araki, H., 1987, Proc. 2nd Int. Symp. on Foundations of Quantum Mechanics, eds. M. Namiki, et al. (Phys. Soc. Japan, Tokyo) 348.Google Scholar
- Tonomura, A., 1986, Single-electron build-up of a quantum interference pattern, 16m/m film, 3’, produced by Hitachi’, Ltd.-Cinesell, Inc.Google Scholar
- Murayama, Y., Nakazato, H., Namiki, M., and Ohba, I., 1986, Numerical simulations of reduction ofwavepacket on quantum measurement processes, 16m/m film, 15, produced by Hitachi, Ltd.-Cinesell, Inc.Google Scholar
- For example, Schiff, L. I., 1968, Quantum Mechanics, 3rd ed. (McGraw-Hill, New York) Chapter 3.Google Scholar
- H. Rauch, 1984, Proc. Int. Symp. on Foundations of Quantum Mechanics, S. Kamefuchi et al. (Phs. Soc. Japan, Tokyo) 277Google Scholar
- [7.a]1987 Proc. 2nd Int. Symp. on Foundations of Quantum Mechanics, eds. M. Namiki, et al. (Phys. Soc. Japan, Tokyo) 3.Google Scholar
- Summhammer, J., private communication.Google Scholar
- Murayama, Y. and Namiki, M., to be published.Google Scholar