Structural and Magnetic Properties of Some RE-(Fe,Mn)-(B,X) Alloys
The effect of a partial substitution of Fe by Mn on the magnetic properties of sintered Nd-Fe-B magnets has been exa mined. The intrinsic magnetic properties of RE modified Heus ler alloys, RE: Nd, Sm, Dy and of Mn-rich compounds of different RE-Mn-X systems, X: B, C, were investigated.
Additions Nb or Mo to Nd2(Fe,Co)14B result in precipitation of hexagonal NbFeB or tetragonal Mo2FeB2 compounds. The coercivity of such magnets is still determined by nucleation of reversed domains.
KeywordsDomain Wall Curie Temperature Heusler Alloy Stray Field Saturation Polarization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adler, E. et al. 1985, Proc. 8th Int. Workshop on REPM, Dayton, p. 757.Google Scholar
- Allibert, C.H., 1987, CEAM Report, March-Sept. 1987Google Scholar
- Rieger, W. et al., Monatshefte Chemie 95, 1502.Google Scholar
- Rodewald, W. et al., 1987, IEEE Trans. Magnet, (submitted).Google Scholar
- Rogl, P.1984, Handbook on the Physics and Chemistry of Rare Earths, North-Holland Phys. Publ. Vol. 6 p. 335.Google Scholar
- Rogl, P. 1986, Report of the 1st Ann. CEAM Meeting, Birmingham.Google Scholar
- Sagawa, M. et al., 1985, Proc. 8th Int. Workshop on REPM, Dayton, p. 587.Google Scholar
- Wallace, W.E., 1973, Rare Earth Intermetal1ies, Academic Press New York and London, p. 191.Google Scholar