Pancreas transplant registry
The International Pancreas Transplant Registry was founded at a meeting held in Lyon, France in 1980 . The American College of Surgeons/National Institutes of Health (ACS/NIH) Organ Transplant Registry forwarded information on 57 on pancreas transplants performed between 1966 and June 30, 1977 to the new Registry . Information on all other cases known to have been performed up to that time, including 3 from 1976 (one primary and two secondary) that had not been reported to the ACS/NIH Registry, were also incorporated into the new Registry . Since 1980, all institutions performing pancreas transplants have submitted data to the Registry on age of the recipient, duration of diabetes, HLA typing, technique of transplantation, duration of preservation, type of immunosuppressive regimen, duration of graft function, and causes of graft failure.
KeywordsTechnically Successful Graft Survival Rate Patient Survival Rate Bladder Drainage Urinary Drainage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.. Sutherland DER: International human pancreas and islet transplant registry. Transpl Proc 12 (No 4, Suppl 2): 229 – 236, 1980.Google Scholar
- 2.. Gerrish EW: Final newsletter. American college of surgeons/national institutes of health organ transplant registry, Chicago, Illinois, pp 1–4, June 30, 1977.Google Scholar
- 4.. Sutherland DER: The current status of pancreas transplantation: registry statistics. Transpl Proc 15: 1301 – 1307, 1983.Google Scholar
- 6.. Sutherland DER, Kendall D: Clinical pancreas and islet transplant registry report. Transpl proc 17: 307 – 311, 1985.Google Scholar
- 7.. Sutherland DER, Moudry KC: Report of the pancreas transplant registry. In: Terasaki PI (ed) Clinical transplants; pp 7 – 15. UCLA Press, Los Angeles, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.. Sutherland DER, Moudry KC: Pancreas transplant registry report- 1986. Clin Transpl 1: 3 – 17, 1987.Google Scholar
- 10.. Sutherland DER, Moudry KC: Pancreas transplantation: North American versus European experience. Transpl Proc 19: 3867 – 3869, 1987.Google Scholar
- 12.. Cats S, Gallon J: Effect of original disease on kidney transplant outcome. In: Terasaki PI (ed) Clinical kidney transplantation; p 35. UCLA Press, Los Angeles, 1985.Google Scholar