Current Status of SLA Class I And II Serology
Eighteen SLA class I specificities have been internationally defined. In addition 13 specificities have been defined nationally by highly correlated sera and in family studies. Based on known recombinants and accumulated data from typing of more than 700 informative families in several countries the presently defined SLA specificities were tentatively allotted to 3 class I allelic series; an internatinal nomenclature has been established, accordingly.
KeywordsSegregation Distortion Commercial Breed Allelic Series European Breed Large White
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Feingold, N. 1966. Utilisation du coefficiant de correlation dans l’etude des groupes leucocytaires. Rev. Franc. d’Etudes Clinique et Biolologiques, 11, 1036 – 1139.Google Scholar
- Hruban, V., Simon, M., Hradecky, J. and Pazdera, J. 1977. Serologically defined specificities of the pig main histocompatibility complex (SLA). Anim. Blood Groups and Biochem. Genet., 8, 85 – 92.Google Scholar
- Kristensen, B., Philipsen, M., Lazary, S., Renard, Ch. And de Week, A.L. 1985. The swine histocompatibility system SLA: Serological studies in the common Swiss and Danish swine breeds. Anim. Blood Group and Biochem. Genet., 16, 109 – 124.Google Scholar
- Philipsen, M. and Kristensen, B. 1985. Preliminary evidence of segregation distorsion in the SLA system. Anim. Blood Groups and Biochem. Genetics, 16, 1 25 – 133.Google Scholar
- Renard, Ch., Luquet, M., Gaullieux, P. and Vaiman, M. 1986. Le polymorphisme du systeme majeur d’histocompatibilite SLA dans plusieurs races porcine en France. J. Rech. Pore. Fr., 18, 285 – 298.Google Scholar
- Renard, Ch., Kristensen, B., Gautschi, C., Hruban, V.,Fredholm, M. and Vaiman, M. 1988. Joint report of the First International Comparison Test on Swine Lymphocyte Alloantigens (SLA). Animal Genetics, 19, 62 – 72.Google Scholar
- Vaiman, M., Renard, Ch., Chardon, P., Garin, B. and Leviziel, H. 1982. The D-DR region of the pig SLA complex. Analysis by serological and histogenetic methods. 18th Int. Conf. Anim. Blood Groups and Biochem. Polymorphism. Ottawa, pp. 15.Google Scholar
- Vaiman, M. 1988. Histocompatibility systems in pigs. Prog. Vet. Microbiol. Immun., 4, 108 – 133.Google Scholar