Results from the FREJUS Experiment
A study of neutrino interactions recorded by the FREJUS detector is presented. A detailed comparison with a Monte Carlo calculation based on atmospheric neutrino (anti-neutrino) interactions in the detector shows that the behaviour of the apparatus is well understood. The analysis of the nucleon stability is described and lifetime limits are given for various decay modes with a charged lepton or an anti-neutrino in the final state. Neutrino and muon data have been also analyzed to search for a signal coming from the supernova SN1987A, yielding a negative answer.
KeywordsDecay Mode Charged Lepton Charged Current Monte Carlo Calculation Atmospheric Neutrino
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.T.K. Gaisser, 11th Conference on neutrino and Astrophisics. Dortmund 1984.Google Scholar
- 4.‘Study of atmospheric neutrino interactions with the FREJUS detector’ (Frejus collaboration), to be published.Google Scholar
- 5.Ch. Berger et al., ‘Results from the FREJUS experiment for nucleon decay modes into anti-neutrino+meson’, submitted to Nuclear Phisics B.Google Scholar
- 6.W. Kolton, ‘Etude du bruit de fond neutrino (anti-neutrino) attendu dans l’expérience du FREJUS sur la durde de vie du nucléon’ PARIS VI thesis, CEA-N-2522.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Faissner et al., Proceeding of the International Neutrino Conference, Aachen 1976. H. Faissner et al., Phys. Rev. Letters 41(1978) 213.Google Scholar