Laser Processing of Thermoplastic Matrix Filament Wound Composites
The aim of this paper is to present our investigation on chemical and physical interaction between laser beam and tows of thermoplastic material for filament winding.
We carried out an experimental evaluation on the effect of process parameters such as the laser wave length, the interaction time, the irradiated energy, the laser spot width.
KeywordsThermoplastic Material Laser Heat Source Laser Wave Length Constant Temperature Difference Irradiate Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Marchetti, D. Cutolo, G. Di Vita, “Design of domes by use of the filament winding technique”, in ECCM-III, pp.401–408, Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Composite Materials, Bordeaux, Prance, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Marchetti, D. Cutolo, G. Di Vita, “Filament winding of composite structures: validation of the manufacturing process”, in ICCM-VII, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Composite Materials, Guangzhou, China, 1989.Google Scholar
- 3.M. W. Egerton, M. B. Gruber, “Thermoplastic filament winding demonstrating economics and properties via in-situ consolidation”, pp.35–46, Proceedings of the 33th International SAMPE Symposium and Exhibition, Anaheim, California, U.S., 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.E. M. Silvermann, R. A. Griese, W. F. Wright, “Graphite and kevlar thermoplastic composites for spacecraft applications”, pp.770–779, Proceedings of the 34th International SAMPE Symposium and Exhibition, Reno, Nevada, U.S., 1989.Google Scholar
- 5.G.M. Wells, K.F. Mc Anulty, “Computer aided filament winding using non-geodesic trajectories”, in ICCM-VI, pp.1.161–1.173, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Composite Materials, London, UK, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Di Vita, M. Farioli, M. Marchetti, “Process simulation in filament winding of composite structures”, in CADCOMP 90, pp.19–37, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Aided Design in Composite Material Technology, Brussels, 1990.Google Scholar