Event: An Expert System for Composite’s Design
Composites give the possibility to generate requested properties by combining of single materials. But the design of composites is a task of high complexity which has to consider many constraints. To gain this challenge computer based systems, e.g. expert systems, finite element methods, materials data bases etc. are essentially necessary.
In this paper we present the first prototype of the expert system Event which supports the engineers by solving the problem of composites’ design.
KeywordsExpert System Space Shuttle Material Property Data Blackboard Architecture Blackboard System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Lockett, The Provision of Adequate Materials Property Data, in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Composite Materials and Second European Conference on Composite Materials ICCM & ECCM, Elsevier Applied Science, London and New York, 1987Google Scholar
- 2.U. Behrenbeck, M. Effing M., Konstruieren mit Faserverbundwerkstoffen — von den Materialkennwerten bis zu den Maschinensteuerdaten, Werkstoffe & Konstruktion, 3 (1988)Google Scholar
- 3.A. Levesque and G. Taylor, Advanced Industrial Materials, ASM-News 18 (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.H. Nii, Blackboard Systems: The Blackboard Model of Problem Solving and the Evaluation of Blackboard Architectures (Part One), in AI Magazine 8(1986)Google Scholar
- 5.G. Ondracek, The Quantitative Microstructure-Field Property Correlation of Multiphase and Porous Materials, Reviews on Powder Metallurgy and Physical Ceramics, 3 (1987)Google Scholar