Remarks on New Mathematical Problems Arising in the Context Of Information Technology
Part of the European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry book series (ECMI, volume 6)
Interaction between Computer Science and Mathematics has evolved considerably. We discuss here some features which have been emerging, among the main ones.
KeywordsCellular Automaton Discrete Event System Standard Wiener Process Haar System Wavelet System
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [1.]J.P. Aubin, Mathematical Methods of Artificial Intelligence, to be published.Google Scholar
- [3.]B.M. Boghosian, C.D. LEVERMORE, Complex Systems 1 (1987). Google Scholar
- [6.]G. Cohen, P. Moller, J.P. Quadrat, M. Viot, Algebraic tools for the performance evaluation of discrete event system, Proceedings IEEE, special issue of dynamics of discrete event systems, Jan. 1989. Google Scholar
- [7.]I. Daubechies, Orthonormal Bases of Compactly supported Wavelets, CPAM, 1988. Google Scholar
- [8.]E. Dean, R. Glowinski, C.H. Li: Supercomputer solutions of P.D.E. problems in computational fluid dynamics and in control, University of Minnesota, Supercomputer Institute. Google Scholar
- [9.]O. Faugeras, A few steps towards artificial 3D Vision, INRIA, Technical Report series, Fev. 88, N790. Google Scholar
- [10.]U. Frisch, B. Hasslacher, Y. Pomeau, Lattice Gas Automata for the Navier Stokes Equation, Physical Review Letters, 1986.Google Scholar
- [11.]P.P. Khargonekar, I.R. Petersen, M. Rotea,∞ Optimal Control with State Feedback IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, 1988. Google Scholar
- [12.]Y. Meyer, Wavelets and Operators, Book to appear.Google Scholar
- [13.]K.C. Mo and M. Ghil, Statistics and Dynamics of Persistent Anomalies, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, March 1987.Google Scholar
- [14.]D. Munford, J. Shah, Optimal Approximation by piecewise smooth functions and associated variational problems, Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, 1988.Google Scholar
- [16.]E. Wong , Stochastic neural networks, ERL, Berkeley, Feb. 89. Google Scholar
- [17.]O. Zeitouni, A. Dembo, A maximum a Posteriori Estimator for Trajectories of Diffusion Processes, Stochastics, 1987, Vol. 20. Google Scholar
© B.G. Teubner Stuttgart and Kluwer Academic Publishers 1991