Observations and Light Curve Analysis of Eclipsing Binaries of W UMa — Type
New light curves in two wavelengths (B and V) of eleven W UMa- type systems, obtained at Kryonerion Observatory in Greece, are presented. The light curves of these systems are analysed by using Frequency Domain techniques and new geometric and photometric elements are given. These elements are combined with the available spectroscopic data of the systems and new absolute elements are derived. Using the latter elements the evolutionary status of these systems is considered on the basis of mass-radius and mass-luminosity diagrams, and the results are compared with previous studies, where the physical parameters of these systems are based on photometric elements derived by other methods.
KeywordsLight Curve Light Curf Main Sequence Star Photoelectric Observation Frequency Domain Technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Binnendijk, L.: 1969, Publ. Dom. Astrophys. Obs. 74, 1024.Google Scholar
- Blanco, C. and Catalano, F.: 1970, Ital. Astron. Soc. 41, 343 (No.3)Google Scholar
- Fehrenbach, Ch., Duot, M., Boulon, J., Rebeirot, E. and Lanoe’, C.: 1966, Publ. Obs. Haute Provence 8, 25.Google Scholar
- Guthnick, P. and Prager, R.: 1927, Astron. Nachr. 288, 167.Google Scholar
- Hill, G. and Barnes, J.: 1972, Publ. Astron. Soc. Pacific 84. 382.Google Scholar
- Kopal, Z.: 1979, “Language of the Stars”, D. Reidei Publ. Co., Dordrecht and Boston.Google Scholar
- Rahunen, T. and Villau, 0.: 1982, in Binary and Multiple Stars as tracers of stellar evolution, ed.Z.Kopal and J. Rache ( Reidei, Dordrecht ) p. 289.Google Scholar
- Struve, O., Horak, H.G., Canavaggia, R., Kourganoff, V. and Colacevich, A.: 1950, Astrophys. J. 111, 658.Google Scholar