Cytological Disorders in Hexaploid Triticale (Triticosecale Wittmack). Association and Stability between Two Indexes
Cytologic heterogeneity of triticale (Triticosecale Wittmack) has been well studied at both varietal and intravarietal Ievels.The aim of this work was to determine the degree of association between meiotic index (MI) or percentage of normal tetrades and post-tetrades index (PTI),namely percentage of abnormal microspores.Eight hexaploid triticale sublines fron two different varieties,Don Frank (DF) and Jenkins TA 203 (J) were evaluated during two ye ars.Statistical analysis showed a dissociation between indexes in J variety.PTI index would be most suitable for intravarietal selection based on cytological aspects.
KeywordsMedia Percentage Correlation coeffICients Intergeneric Hybrid Hybrid Product Meiotic Behaviour
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Falcao,TMMA, B. de Moraes Fernandes, M, Zanettini, M H B. Genotypic and Environmental Effect on Meiotic Behaviour and the influence of Chromosomal Abnormalities of Hexaploid Triticale (Triticosecale Wdtmactc). Rev Brasil Genet 1981; IV, 4: 611–624.Google Scholar
- 2.Manero de Zumetzú,D, Ordóñez,A, Maich,R, Torres,L.Meiotic Irregularities in Hexaploid triti cale (Triticosecale Witimack). Variability Analysis. Cereal Res Comm 1992; 20 (1–2): 125–130.Google Scholar
- 3.Manero de Zumelzú,D, Maich,R, Juárez,A. Cytological Disorders in Hexaploid Triticale (Triticosecale Wittmack)Association and stability between two indexes.Cytologia 1995; 60: 303–305.Google Scholar
- 4.Ochoa de Suárez,B, Manero de Zumelzú,D, Macchiavelli,R. Abemaciones meióticas en triticales hexapkoides. Rev Cs Agrop 1987; V: 135–144.Google Scholar
- 5.Szpiniak de Ferreira,B. Relación entre fertilidad e Indice meiótico en 8 cultivares de triticale (Triticosecale Wittmack). Mendeliana 1983; VI, 1: 43–54.Google Scholar