Regional Hydrological Systems Analysis and Water Systems Management at European Scale
Water is one of the key factors for a sustainable development in Europe (OECD, 1989; Van der Ven and Kohsiek, 1991; United Nations, 1991; Fried 1992; Engelen, 1992). The complex of relations requires an integrated, holistic approach (IIASA, 1991). There are many different sources of supply with time-dependent quantity- and quality characteristics on the one hand and many demand and use sectors, nature conservation, agriculture, industry, public water supply and navigation, on the other hand.
KeywordsRift Valley Foreland Basin Groundwater Flow System European Scale Water System Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Engelen, G.B./Techware, 1992. Research and technological development for the supply and use of freshwater resources. Report on regional dimension of water RTD. Monitor-Sast Activity, Commission of the European Communities. EUR-14726-EN, ECSC-EEC-EAEC, Brussels-Luxembourg, 43 p.Google Scholar
- Fried, J., 1992. Groundwater at top level. World Water and Env. Engin., Jan/Febr. 1992, p.11; ibidem Danger zones, 31–34.Google Scholar
- International Conference on Water and the Environment (ICWE), 1992. Dublin Statement. 26–31 January 1992, Ireland.Google Scholar
- International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), 1991. Laxenburg declaration on Eco-structuring. Options, March 1991.Google Scholar
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, 1989. Water resources management. Integrated policies. OECD, Paris. 199 p.Google Scholar
- United Nations, 1991. Groundwater in Western and Central Europe. Natural Resources Water Series No. 27. ST/TCD/12, UN Dept of Techn. Cooperation for Development. New York. 363 p.Google Scholar
- Ven, F.H.M. van de, & L.H.M. Kohsiek (/RIVM/RIZA), 1991. Sustainable use of groundwater, problems and threats in the European Community. Nat. Inst.of Public Health and Envir. Protection (RIVM)/Inland Water Management and Waste Water Treatment (RIZA), Bilthoven/Lelystad. Brouwer, Utrecht. 80 p.Google Scholar