The Ammann–Beenker Tilings Revisited
This paper introduces two tiles whose tilings form a one-parameter family of tilings which can all be seen as digitization of two-dimensional planes in the four-dimensional Euclidean space. This family contains the Ammann–Beenker tilings as the solution of a simple optimization problem.
- 2.Beenker FPM (1982) Algebraic theory of non periodic tilings of the plane by two simple building blocks: a square and a rhombus. TH Report 82-WSK-04, Technische Hogeschool, Eindhoven Google Scholar
- 3.de Bruijn NG (1981) Algebraic theory of Penrose’s nonperiodic tilings of the plane. Indag Math 43:39–66 Google Scholar
- 6.Grünbaum B, Shephard GC (1986) Tilings and patterns. Freemann, New York Google Scholar
- 7.Hodge WVD, Pedoe D (1984) Methods of algebraic geometry, vol 1. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge Google Scholar
- 8.Le TQT (1992) Necessary conditions for the existence of local rules for quasicrystals. Preprint Google Scholar
- 9.Penrose R (1974) The Role of aesthetics in pure and applied research. Bull Inst Maths Appl 10 Google Scholar