Environmental impact assessment of urban mobility plan: a methodology including socio-economic consequences
- 1.5k Downloads
The project objective is to develop an optimized methodology to assess the environmental impacts of urban mobility plans (UMP, in French PDU), taking into account their social and economic consequences. The main proposed methodology is based on a systemic approach: multi factor (air quality, noise, energy consumption, greenhouse gas emission) numerical simulations with a chain of physically-based models, based on alternative and comparative scenarios. The social and economic consequences of these alternative simulations are assessed by means of econometric models. Two alternative approaches are explored: (i) the use of composite environmental indicators to correlate the sources to the impacts, especially health impacts, and (ii) the analysis of sample surveys on what makes inhabitants’ quality of life, well-being and territorial satisfaction and on citizens’ behavioral changes linked to transport offer changes.
KeywordsGeographical Information System Emission Inventory Composite Indicator Environmental Impact Assessment Local Public Authority
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.EC. (2009). Action plan on urban mobility. Communication COM(2009)490 of the European CommissionGoogle Scholar
- 2.Assessment and Reliability of Transport Emission Models and Inventory Systems, http://www.trl.co.uk/artemis/
- 3.EMEP/CORINAIR Emissions Inventory Guidebook, 2007Google Scholar
- 5.Evaluation de l’exposition des populations à la pollution atmosphérique – guide pour une modélisation avec une résolution spatiale fine des concentrations en milieu urbain – Fédération ATMO – novembre 2009Google Scholar
- 6.Joumard R. and Gudmundsson H. (eds), 2010. Indicators of environmental sustainability in transport: an interdisciplinary approach to methods. INRETS report, Recherches R282, Bron, France, 422 p. http://cost356.inrets.fr