LES modeling of the turbulent flow over an Ahmed car
The Ahmed body car is a semi-rectangular vehicle with a rounded front part and a slant back. Flow over this generic body reproduce the basic fluid-dynamics features of real cars with a typical fastback geometry and its simplified topology allows easy comparisons between experimental and numerical works.
KeywordsLarge Eddy Simulation High Reynolds Number Streamwise Velocity High Order Scheme Slant Angle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. R. Ahmed, G. Ramm, and G. Faltin. Salient features of the time-averaged ground vehicle wake. SAE Paper, (840300), 1984. Google Scholar
- 2.H. Lienhart and S. Becker. Flow and turbulent structure in the wake of a simplified car model. SAE Paper, (2003-01-0656), 2003. Google Scholar
- 4.M. Minguez, R. Pasquetti, and E. Serre. High-order large-eddy simulation of flow over the Ahmed body car model. Physics of Fluids, 20, 2008. Google Scholar
- 5.O. Lehmkuhl, R. Borrell, C. D. Pérez-Segarra, J. Chiva, and A. Oliva. Direct numerical simulations and symmetry-preserving regularization simulations of the flow around a circular cylinder at Reynolds number 3900. In Turbulence, Heat and Mass Transfer 6, Rome, Italy, September 2009. Google Scholar
- 7.R. Verstappen. When does eddy viscosity damp subfilter scales sufficiently? In Quality and Reliability of Large-Eddy Simulations II, Pisa, Italy, September 2009. Google Scholar