Developments in the Field of Machines and Mechanisms in India over the Ages
In this article we examine the growth of MMS in India. The earliest machines were powered by humans or animals. Subsequently there has been a long era during which machines were imported and later built based on reverse engineering. As the economic conditions began improving there has been a spurt in MMS and the same continues today and is likely to grow significantly during the next decade.
KeywordsMaterial Handling System Indian Space Research Organization Machine Dynamics Indian Industry Trained Manpower
- Journal of the Institution for Engineers, India, Mechanical Engineering Division.Google Scholar
- Proceedings of Aerospace and Related Mechanisms Symposia, (ARMS).Google Scholar
- Proceedings of AIMTDR Conferences.Google Scholar
- Proceedings of National Conferences on Mechanisms and Machines (NaCoMM), 1981 onwards.Google Scholar
- Proceedings of VI World Congress on TMM, New Delhi, 1983.Google Scholar