A Brief Survey of the Air Polution Modeling Activities, Carried Out in the Institute of Geophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
The present work aims at presenting the main research topics of the Institute of Geophysics in the field of numerical air pollution modeling. The basic dynamic and pollution transport models, applied for the purpose are briefly described. Some study results are demonstrated. The applicability of the approach of the functions of interest in cases of nonlinear chemical transformations is discussed and some suggestions are made.
KeywordsWind Field Pollution Transport Background Wind Pollution Characteristic Local Flow System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Georgieva, E. (1997) DIAMO - A Mass-Consistent Wind Model for Regional Scale Air-Pollution Study, in Syrakov, D. Butchvarova, E. and Wiman, B. (eds.) Proc. from Swedish-Bulgarian Workshop on Long- Range Air Pollution:- From Models To Policies, Sozopol 19–23 October, Pensoft,.201 - 210.Google Scholar
- 2.Ganev, K. (1994) Numerical study of the local flow systems in the “Kozloduy” NPP region - some preliminary results, Bulg. Geophys. J. XIX, 9–23.Google Scholar
- 3.Dimitrova, R (2001) Air flows and pollution transport in the Sofia valley under highly stable background conditions Bulg. Geoph. J. XXVII, N¡ã1–2.Google Scholar
- 4.Dimitrova, R. and Ganev, K. (2000) Some examples of the mesoscale topography effects on large scale air pollution transport. In: Griebel M., Margenov S. and Yalamov P. (eds.), Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics 73, pp. 267–274, Vieweg, Braunschweig/Wiesbaden.Google Scholar
- 5.Ganev K., Dimitrova, R., Syrakov, D. and Zerefos, Ch. (2001), Accounting for the mesoscale effects on the air pollution in some cases of large sulfur pollution in Bulgaria or Northern Greece (accepted for publishing in Environmental Fluid Mechanics).Google Scholar
- 6.Zerefos, Ch., Ganev, K., Kourtidis, K., Tzortziou, M., Vasaras, A. and Syrakov, E., (2000) On the origin of SO2 above Northern Greece, Geophysical Research Letters 27, Nã3, 365–368.Google Scholar
- 7.Marchuk, G.I. (1982) Mathematical modeling in environmental problems (in Russian), Science, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 8.Ganev, K. (1991) Formulation of the influence function problem for a complex of interacting admixtures. Compt. Rend. Acad. bulg. Sci. 45, No3, 29–32Google Scholar