The Competition of Bragg Reflection and Fresnel’S Reflection of Electromagnetic Waves in the Artificial Helicoidal Bianisotropic Media with Local Chirality
- 458 Downloads
On the base of the exact solution of the boundary-value problem for artificial helicoidal media with local chirality we describe the reflection of electromagnetic waves on the periodic structure of medium as well as Presnel’s reflection from sample’s boundaries. It allows to model the transmission and reflection of electromagnetic waves in dependence on the obtained parameters of artificial helicoidal medium and to design the device for polarization transformation. A possibility of the minimizing of size of a structure for transformations of the polarization state of electromagnetic waves is shown.
KeywordsElectromagnetic Wave Transmitted Wave Bragg Reflection Polarization Plane Cholesteric Liquid Crystal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S.A. Kuehl, S.S. Grove, E. Kuehl, M. Bingle, J.H. Cloete, (1997), Manufacture of microwave chiral materials and their electromagnetic properties, in Advances in Complex Electromagnetic Materials, ed. by A. Priou et al., Kluwer Academic Publishers, NATO ASI Series 3, Vol. 28, pp. 317–332.Google Scholar
- 3.V.A. Belyakov and A.S. Sonin, (1982), Cholesteric liquid crystals optics, Nauka, Moscow (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.V.V. Varadan, A. Lakhtakia, and V.K. Varadan, (1988), Reflection and transmission characteristics of a structurally chiral slab: Intrinsic anisotropy and form chirality, Optik, vol. 80, pp. 27–32.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Lakhtakia and W. S. Weiglhofer, (1995), On light propagation in hélicoidal bianisotropic mediums, Proc. R. Soc. Lond., vol. A 448, pp. 419–437.Google Scholar
- 7.I.V. Semchenko and A.N. Serdyukov, (1982), Influence of molecular gyrotropy on the light propagation in cholesteric liquid crystals, Reports of Academy of Sciences of BSSR, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 235–237. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.A.N. Serdyukov, I.V. Semchenko, S.A. Tretyakov, and A.H. Sihvola, (2001), Electromagnetics of bi-anisotropic materials. Gordon and Breach.Google Scholar