Suggest Me a Movie: A Multi-Client Movie Recommendation Application on Facebook
In this study, an online movie recommendation engine that serves on Facebook is developed in order to evaluate social circle effects on user preferences in a trust-based environment. Instead of using single- user profiles, virtual group profiles that present common tastes of the social environments are used.
KeywordsRoot Mean Square Error Current User Collaborative Filter Mean Absolute Error Similar User
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sarwar, B. M., Karypis, G., Konstan, J. A., Reidl, J.: Item-based collaborative filtering recommendation algorithms. World Wide Web (2001) 285–295Google Scholar
- 2.Sinha, R., Swearingen, K.: Comparing recommendations made by online systems and friends. Proceedings of the DELOS-NSF Workshop on Personalization and Recommender Systems in Digital Libraries (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Herlocker J., Konstan J. and Riedl J.: Explaining Collaborative Filtering Recommendations. Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work (2000) 241–250Google Scholar
- 5.Papagelis M, and Plexousakis D.: Recommendation Based Discovery of Dynamic Virtual Communities. CAiSE’03, 15th Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Papagelis M, and Plexousakis D.: Qualitative analysis of user-based and item-based prediction algorithms for recommendation agents. CIA’04, 9th International Workshop on Cooperative Information Agents (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Mingrui W.: Collaborative Filtering via Ensembles of Matrix Factorizations. KDD Cup and Workshop (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Jung J.: Visualizing Recommendation Flow on Social Network. J-Jugs (2005) 1780–1791Google Scholar