Kinematic Analysis of the Roller Follower Motion in Translating Cam-Follower Mechanisms
The main purpose of this work is to present a complete kinematic analysis of the roller motion in translating cam-follower mechanisms with translating roller followers. The main kinematic variables of the roller are the angular velocity and angular acceleration. These quantities are deduced in a general form, in such a way they can be easily used for different cam laws. Furthermore,the influence of the functioning cam-follower parameters can also be included. Finally,an example of application is offered to analyze and discuss the main procedures considered in this work.
Key wordsroller motion cam-follower mechanisms kinematic analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Angeles, J. and Lopez-Cajun, C.S., Optimization of CamMechanisms, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, F.Y., Mechanics and Design of Cam Mechanisms, Pergamon Press, New York, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Flores, P., Projecto deMecanismos Came-Seguidor, Publindustria, Guimarães, Portugal, 2009.Google Scholar
- 4.Flores, P., Projecto de Mecanismos Came-Seguidor, Publindústria, Portugal, 2009.Google Scholar
- 5.Golovin, A., Lafitsky, A., and Simuskhin, A., Experimental and theoretical research of cams wearing of cams mechanism. In Proceedings of the EUCOMES08, The Second European Conference on Mechanism Science, pp. 343–350, Springer, 2008.Google Scholar
- 7.Norton, R.L., Cam Design and Manufacturing Handbook, Industrial Press, New York, 2002.Google Scholar
- 8.Shigley, J.E. and Uicker, J.J.: Theory of Machines and Mechanisms, McGraw Hill, New York, 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.Yudin, V.A. and Petrokas, L.V.: Theory of Mechanisms and Machines. Textbook for Universities, 2nd edition, M.: Higher School, 1977 [in Russian].Google Scholar