Design and Flow of Powder-type SCC with Crushed Aggregates
The paper describes a new approach to determine the volume of the cement paste required to produce SCC irrespective of the granulometric characteristics of the aggregate. A test vessel has been designed which enables the determination of the void ratio of the aggregate and the necessary paste volume. The method has been applied to various aggregate (crushed quartz porphyry, crushed muschelkalk, gravel, fluvial sand). SCC mixtures have been designed according to the new approach, and it turned out that it has a good predictive potential as the mixture composition is concerned.
KeywordsVoid Ratio Fresh Concrete Test Vessel Slump Flow Grade Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lemmer, C. (2003), A production approach for SCC as derived from experimental studies, PhD Thesis, Technische Universität Darmstadt (in German).Google Scholar
- 2.Marquardt, I. (2002), A mixing concept for SCC based on the volume parameters and the water demand of the constituent elements, PhD Thesis, University Rostock, Bull. 7 of Faculty of Civil Engineering, (in German).Google Scholar
- 3.Kordts, S. (2005), Production and control of workability properties of SCC, PhD Thesis, Technische Universität Berlin (in German).Google Scholar
- 4.Sedran, T. and de Larrard, F. (1999), Optimization of self compacting concrete thanks of packing model. PRO 7: 1st International RILEM Symposium on Self-Compacting Concrete, Å. Skarendahl and Ö. Petersson (Eds.), pp. 321–332.Google Scholar
- 5.German Association of Structural Concrete (2003), Guideline for self-compacting concrete (in German).Google Scholar
- 6.Huss, A. and Reinhardt, H.W. (2009), Powder-type SCC with crushed mineral aggregates. Concrete Plant + Precast Technology, vol. 75, n. 8, pp. 4–12 and n. 9, pp. 22–34.Google Scholar
- 7.Pade, C. (2005), Test methods for SCC, Danish Technological Institute, Denmark.Google Scholar