From Perspectiva Artificialis to Cyberspace: Game-Engine and the Interactive Visualization of Natural Light in the Interior of the Building
In order to support the early stages of conceptual design, the architect used throughout the years, mockups – scaled physical models - or perspective drawings that intended to predict architectural ambience before its effective construction. This paper studies the real time interactive visualization, focused on one of the most important aspects inside building space: the natural light. However, the majority of physically-based algorithms currently existing was designed for the synthesis of static images which may not take into account how to rebuild the scene - in real time - when the user is doing experiments to change certain properties of design. In this paper we show a possible solution for this problem.
KeywordsGlobal Illumination Game Engine Constructive Solid Geometry Graphic Engine Perspective Drawing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- MACHADO, A.: A Ilusão Especular: introdução à fotografia. Ed. Brasiliense, São Paulo, 1984, p. 63.Google Scholar
- GOMES, J. e VELHO, L.: Computação gráfica: Imagem. Rio de Janeiro: Editora IMPA/SBM, 1994, p. 131.Google Scholar
- SUTHERLAND, I.: Sketchpad a man-machine graphical communication system. Massachusets: Doctoral Thesis in Computer Science, MA, 1963.Google Scholar
- SUTHERLAND, I. : The Ultimate display in Proceedings of the Int. Fed. of Information Processing Congress, vol 2, 1965, p. 506–508.Google Scholar
- CHRISTAKOU, E. D.: A simulação da luz natural aplicada ao projeto de arquitetura . Brasília: Dissertação de Mestrado em Arquitetura e Urbanismo - Programa de Pesquisa e Pós-graduação, Universidade de Brasília, DF, 2004.Google Scholar
- ERLICH, C. K.: Computer Aided Perception: A method to Evaluate the Representation of Glare in Computer Graphics Imagery. Dissertação de mestrado em Ciência da Computação, Universidade de Berkeley, California, 2002.Google Scholar
- DAMEZ, C.; DIMITRIEV, K.; MYSZKOWSKI, K. : State of art in global illumination for interactive applications and high-quality animations. Computer graphics forum. 2003, p. 55-77.Google Scholar
- AKENINE-MOLLER, T. e HAINES, E. : Real-Time Rendering. Second ed. A K Peters Ltd, Massachusetts, 2002.Google Scholar
- LEWIS, M. e JACOBSON, J.: Game engines in scientific research, Communications of the ACM, 2002.Google Scholar
- GREBLER, E.: Game programming for teens. Boston: Thomas Course Technology,2006.Google Scholar
- WATT, A. e POLICARPO, F. : 3D games-animation and advanced real-time rendering. Edinburgh: Pearson Education Limited-Addison Wesley, 2003, p. 189.Google Scholar
- KADA, M. e FRITSCH, D.: Visualization using games engines, em XXth ISPRS Congress. Istambul, 2004.Google Scholar
- TOLE, P.; PELLACINI, F.; WALTER, B.; GREENBERG, D. P.: Interactive Global Illumination in Dynamic Scenes in Proceedings of the 29th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques. San Antonio, Texas: ACM New York, NY, 2002, p. 537 – 546.Google Scholar
- NIJASURE, M, S PATTANAIK, and V GOEL. : "Real-Time Global Illumination on GPUs." Journal of graphics tools, 2005, p. 55-71.Google Scholar
- NVIDIA: 2009, Manual técnico em http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_tesla_c1060_us.html, accessed in January, 2009.
- HAIGH-HUTCHINSON, M.: Real-Time cameras: a guide for Game designers and developers, Morgan Kaufmann, 2009.Google Scholar
- WARD. hhtp://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance. Acessed in June, 2002.Google Scholar