Privacy Compliant Internal Fraud Screening
- 818 Downloads
In the year 2009 several data privacy scandals have hit the headlines where major corporations had a legitimate need for detecting fraud conducted by their own employees, but chose inappropriate measures for data screening. This contribution presents architectures and pseudonymization technology for privacy compliant fraud screening or fraud detection, in order to reduce the number of undiscovered fraud cases and to reduce the time to discovery.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. Official Journal L 281, October 1995. http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/en/lif/dat/1995/en_395L0046.html.
- Ulrich Flegel, Florian Kerschbaum, Philip Miseldine, Ganna Monakova, Richard Wacker, and Frank Leymann. Insider Threats in Cybersecurity – And Beyond, chapter Legally Sustainable Solutions for Privacy Issues in Collaborative Fraud Detection. Advances in Information Security. Springer, New York, 2010. To appear.Google Scholar
- Ulrich Flegel. Privacy-Respecting Intrusion Detection, volume 35 of Advances in Information Security. Springer, New York, 2007.Google Scholar
- Ulrich Flegel, Julien Vayssière, and Gunter Bitz. Insider Threats in Cybersecurity – And Beyond, chapter A State of the Art Survey of Fraud Detection Technology. Advances in Information Security. Springer, New York, 2010. To appear.Google Scholar
- Alexander Grosskopf, Gero Decker, and Mathias Weske. The Process: Business Process Modeling Using BPMN. Meghan Kiffer, 2009.Google Scholar
- Peter Gemmel. An introduction to threshold cryptography. Cryptobytes, 2(3):7, 1997.Google Scholar
- Andreas Knöpfel, Bernhard Gröne, and Peter Tabeling. Fundamental modeling concepts: Effective communication of IT systems. Wiley, 2006.Google Scholar
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Report to the nation on occupational fraud and abuse, 2006.Google Scholar
- Reuters. German snooping scandal engulfs Airbus, April 2009.Google Scholar
- Deutsche Welle. Spy scandal widens at German rail Deutsche Bahn, February 2009.Google Scholar