ISOIIEC 24727 — A Future Standard for Smart Card Middleware
- Stephan SpitzAffiliated withGiesecke & Devrient GmbH
- , Jens UrmannAffiliated withGiesecke & Devrient GmbH
- , Gisela MeisterAffiliated withGiesecke & Devrient GmbH
This paper describes the features of the future-oriented ISO/IEC 24727 smart card middleware standard for a broad audience; i.e., from a basic to a good technical understanding. Not only technical aspects are covered, but business and market aspects as well.
ISO/IEC 24727 contains a number of interesting differences in comparison with other existing middleware solutions (e.g., PC/SC). These differences are described in the following chapters.
This future standard contains various new features regarding smart card access. These also help to increase the convenience of smart card usage and integration in applications and in infrastructures.
- ISOIIEC 24727 — A Future Standard for Smart Card Middleware
- Book Title
- ISSE 2006 — Securing Electronic Busines Processes
- Book Subtitle
- Highlights of the Information Security Solutions Europe 2006 Conference
- pp 102-107
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Copyright Holder
- Friedr. Vieweg & Sohn Verlag | GWV-Fachverlage GmbH, Wiesbaden
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.