Elliptic Theory on Manifolds with Corners: I. Dual Manifolds and Pseudodifferential Operators
- 580 Downloads
In this first part of the paper, we define a natural dual object for manifolds with corners and show how pseudodifferential calculus on such manifolds can be constructed in terms of the localization principle in C*-algebras. In the second part, these results will be applied to the solution of Gelfand’s problem on the homotopy classification of elliptic operators for the case of manifolds with corners.
KeywordsManifold with corners elliptic operator localization principle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- U. Bunke, Index theory, eta forms, and Deligne cohomology, Preprint arXiv: math.DG/0201112.Google Scholar
- J. Dauns and K.H. Hofmann, Representation of rings by sections, Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, No. 83, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R.I., 1968.Google Scholar
- R. Melrose, Analysis on manifolds with corners, Lecture Notes, MIT, Cambrige, MA, 1988, Preprint.Google Scholar
- _____, Pseudodifferential operators, corners, and singular limits, Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, Kyoto (Berlin-Heidelberg-New York), Springer-Verlag, 1990, pp. 217–234.Google Scholar
- _____, The eta invariant and families of pseudodifferential operators, Math. Research Letters 2 (1995), no. 5, 541–561.Google Scholar
- B. Monthubert and V. Nistor, A topological index theorem for manifolds with corners, arXiv: math.KT/0507601, 2005.Google Scholar
- B.A. Plamenevsky and V.N. Senichkin, Representations of C*-algebras of pseudodifferential operators on piecewise-smooth manifolds, St. Petersbg. Math. J. 13 (2001), no. 6, 993–1032.Google Scholar
- N. Vasilevski, Local principles in operator theory, Lineinye operatory v funktsionalnykh prostranstvakh. Tez. dokl. Severo-Kavkaz. reg. konf., Groznyi, 1989, pp. 32–33.Google Scholar