The RBF-Gene Model
We present here the Radial Basis Function Gene Model as a new approach of evolutionary computation. This model enables us to relax the “locus constraint” that limits classical genetic algorithms. Both the principles and first results are presented, showing the great interest of this model.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Genetic Structure Radial Basis Function Genetic Code Genome Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E.A. Birge. Bacterial and Bacteriophage Genetics (4th Edition). Springer-Verlag, 2000.Google Scholar
- D.E. Goldberg. Genetic Algorithms in search, optimization and machine learning. Addison-Wesley, 1989.Google Scholar
- D. Graur and H. Li. Fundamentals of Molecular Evolution (2nd Edition). Sinauer Associates Inc., 1999.Google Scholar
- S.S. Haykin. Neural Networks, A comprehensive foundation. Prentice-Hall, 1999.Google Scholar
- S. Krawiec and M. Riley. Organization of the bacterial chromosome. Microbiological Review, 54(4):502–539, 1990.Google Scholar