Sparse Quasi- Newton Method for Navier- Stokes Solution
A sparse finite difference Newton method and a sparse quasi-Newton method have been applied to the Navier-Stokes solution. Much faster convergence to the steady state has been achieved compared to the conventional time marching method. For multidimensional applications, a block line Gauss-Seidel iterative method has been used for the solution of the resulting linear system. The methods have been demonstrated for hypersonic flow solution around a sharp cone using Osher’s flux difference splitting scheme for spatial discretization.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Qin and B.E. Richards, Notes on Numer. Fluid Mech. 20(1988), 310.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Van Leer, J.L. Thomas, P. Roe and R.W. Newsome, AIAA-87-1104.Google Scholar
- 5.N. Qin and B.E. Richards, Proc. Int. Conf. on Hypersonic Aerodynamics, Sept. 1989, Manchester, paper 26.Google Scholar
- 8.S.P. Spekreijse, Ph.D. thesis, CWI, Amsterdam, (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.R.R. Tracy, Aero. Lab. Memo. No.69, CIT, (1963)Google Scholar