In the Protein Synthesis simulation, you will learn about the difference between protein synthesis in prokaryotes and eukaryotes. You will see how we can use these systems to make artificial proteins to improve health, but also how these artificial proteins can be used for nefarious purposes such as blood doping. Will you be able to help the authorities identify the doping cheat?
- Alberts B et al (2015) The Molecular Biology of the Cell, 6th edn. Garland Science, AbingdonGoogle Scholar
- Bento, R.M.d.A., Damasceno L.M.P., and Aquino Neto F.R.d. Recombinant human erythropoietin in sports: a review. Revista Brasileira de Medicina do Esporte, 2003. 9: p. 181–190.Google Scholar
- Nelson DL, Cox MM, Lehninger AL (2013) Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, 6th edn. Freeman W.H, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- OpenStax, Biology. OpenStax CNX. Jun 1, 2018, http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Urey LA et al (2014) Campbell Biology, 10th edn. Pearson, BostonGoogle Scholar