POCT in international development cooperation
In the Third World, POCT plays an extremely important role in supplying the populations with laboratory medical tests. This chapter describes the preeminent problems within third-world healthcare systems and demonstrates how POCT can also be implemented sensibly within the scope of international development alliances.
- 4.Hibbeler B, Korzilius H (2010) Globale Gesundheit: Wes Brot ich ess … Dtsch Ärztebl 108: A-138/B-111/ C-111Google Scholar
- 5.International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes Atlas, Seventh Edition, 2015. http://www.diabetesatlas.org/resources/2015-atlashtml#
- 6.Kost GJ (2008) Point of need, global outreach, and a universal companion. Point of Care 7:103–105Google Scholar
- 8.NIBIB and India hold joint workshop on low-cost diagnostic and therapeutic medical technologies. http://www.nibib.nih.gov/NewsEvents/Newsletters/March09. Accessed on May 19,2009
- 9.NIH and India partner to develop low cost medical technologies. http://www.nibib.nih.gov/News Events/Releases/Archiv/2007OctNovDec.Accessed on May 19, 2009
- 13.World Health Organization (2011) The new WHO report on anti-tuberculosis drug resistance: multidrug and extensively drug-resistant TB (M/XDR-TB): 2010 global report on surveillance and response. WHO/HTM/TB/2010.3Google Scholar