The Use of Service Desk System to Keep Track of Computational Tasks on Supercomputers
This paper discusses the unusual use of service desk system– tracking of computational tasks on supercomputers as well as the collection of statistical information on the calculations performed. Particular attention is paid to the possibilities of using such statistics by a supercomputer user as well as the data center staff. The analysis of system requirements for tracking computational tasks and capabilities of service desk and job scheduler systems led to design and implementation of a way to integrate these systems to improve computational tasks management.
KeywordsVirtual Machine Computational Task Cluster Node Center Staff Home Directory
Research was carried out using computational resources provided by Resource Center “Computer Center of SPbU”(Official web site: http://cc.spbu.ru/.) and supported by Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project N 13-07-00747) and Saint Petersburg State University (projects N 9.38.674.2013, 0.37.155.2014).
- 1.Krompass, S., et al.: Dynamic workload management for very large data warehouses: Juggling feathers and bowling balls. In: Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, pp. 1105–1115 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Davison, D., Graefe, G.: Dynamic resource brokering for multi-user query execution. In: Proceedings of the 1995 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 281–292 (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Gayduchok, V.Yu., Bogdanov, A.V., Degtyarev, A.B., Gankevich, I.G., Gayduchok, V.Yu., Zolotarev, V.I.: Virtual workspace as a basis of supercomputer center. In: Proceedings of the 5th Internship Conference “Distributed Computing and Grid-Technologies in Science and Education” (Dubna, 16-21 July, 2012)/ Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (Dubna), pp. 60–66 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Kácha, P.: OTRS: CSIRT WorkFlow Improvements. – CESNET, Technical Report, 10 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Bakker, R., et al.: OTRS 3.3 - Admin Manual (2013). http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/doc/doc-admin/3.3/en/pdf/otrs_admin_book.pdf. Accessed 7 April 2014
- 6.Potgieter, B.C., Botha, J.H., Lew, C.: Evidence that use of the ITIL framework is effective. In: 18th Annual Conference of the National Advisory Committee on Computing Qualifications, Tauranga, NZ. C, pp. 160–167 (2005)Google Scholar