Light-Weight Authentication Scheme for NFC mCoupon Service in IoT Environments
Recently, the potential of m-commerce by the combination of mobile and NFC aroused great momentum on e-commerce market. In particular, the variety of mCoupon services based on NFC has been utilized in consumer marketing instruments. However, the status of security technology for NFC based coupon service is very low. Related providers were considering method for just-in NFC service marketing case. And limited resource of NFC tag is difficult to deal with occurring security threats in NFC mCoupon service. In this paper, we proposed a light-weight authentication scheme for practical NFC mCoupon service that provides efficient and secure signature scheme against illegal use in mCoupon environment based on low-cost NFC tag for using light-weight authentication method.
KeywordsComponent NFC Light-weight authentication NTRU mCoupon Digital signature
This research was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the MEST (Ministry of Education, Science and Technology) (2013R1A1A2012940) and the Soonchunhyang University.
- 4.Garg, R., Mittal, P., Agarwal, V., Modani, N.: An architecture for secure generation and verification of electronic coupons. In: Proceedings of the Usenix Annual Technical Conference, Boston, Mass, USA, 2001Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, M.-K., Kim, J.W., Song, J.E., Park, K.: Sliding window method for NTRU. In: Applied Cryptography and Network Security, pp. 432–442, Springer, Berlin (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Aigner, M., Dominikus, S., Feldhofer, M.: A system of secure virtual coupons using NFC technology. In: Proceedings of the 5th Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PerCom ’07), pp. 362–366, March 2007Google Scholar
- 7.Dominikus, S., Aigner, M.: mCoupons: an application for near field communication (NFC). In: Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (AINAW ’07), pp. 421–428, May 2007Google Scholar
- 8.Hsiang, H.-C., Kuo, H.-C., Shih, W.-K.: A secure mCoupon scheme using near field communication. Int. J. Innov. Comput. Inf. Control 5(11), 3901–3909 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Park, S.-W., Lee, I.-Y.: Efficient mCoupon authentication scheme for smart poster environments based on low-cost NFC. Int. J. Secur. Appl. 7(5), 131–138 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Hoffstein, J., Pipher, J., Silverman, J.H.: NTRU: a ring-based public key cryptosystem. In: Algorithmic Number Theory (1998)Google Scholar
- 14.Chang, C.C., Wu, C.C., Lin, I.C.: A secure E-coupon system for mobile users. IJCSNS Int. J. Comput. Sci. Netw. Secur. 6(1) (2006)Google Scholar
- 18.A Study on the Development of Cryptosystems for the Next Generation. National Security Research Institute (2006)Google Scholar
- 20.Noh, S.-K., Lee, S.-R., Choi, D.: Proposed M-payment system using near-field communication and based on WSNenabled location-based services for M-commerce. Int. J. Distrib. Sens. Netw. 2014(865172): 8 pages (2014)Google Scholar
- 21.Atici, A.C., Batina, L., Junfeng, F., Verbauwhede, I., Yalcin, S.B.O.: Low-cost implementations of NTRU for pervasive security. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Application-Specific Systems, Architectures and Processors (ASAP’08), pp. 79–84 (2008)Google Scholar