Analyzing Conflicts and Dependencies of Rule-Based Transformations in Henshin
Rule-based model transformation approaches show two kinds of non-determinism: (1) Several rules may be applicable to the same model and (2) a rule may be applicable at several different matches. If two rule applications to the same model exist, they may be in conflict, i.e., one application may disable the other one. Furthermore, rule applications may enable others leading to dependencies. The critical pair analysis (CPA) can report all potential conflicts and dependencies of rule applications that may occur during model transformation processes. This paper presents the CPA integrated in Henshin, a model transformation environment based on the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Arendt, T., Biermann, E., Jurack, S., Krause, C., Taentzer, G.: Henshin: Advanced Concepts and Tools for In-Place EMF Model Transformations. In: Petriu, D.C., Rouquette, N., Haugen, Ø. (eds.) MODELS 2010, Part I. LNCS, vol. 6394, pp. 121–135. Springer, Heidelberg (2010), http://www.eclipse.org/henshin/ CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Arendt, T., Taentzer, G.: A tool environment for quality assurance based on the Eclipse Modeling Framework. Automated Software Engineering 20(2), 141–184 (2013), http://www.eclipse.org/emf-refactor
- 4.Biermann, E., Ermel, C., Taentzer, G.: Formal foundation of consistent EMF model transformations by algebraic graph transformation. SoSyM 11(2), 227–250 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Eclipse: Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF), http://www.eclipse.org/emf
- 6.Ehrig, H., Ehrig, K., Prange, U., Taentzer, G.: Fundamentals of Algebraic Graph Transformation. Monographs in Theoretical Computer Science. Springer (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Hausmann, J.H., Heckel, R., Taentzer, G.: Detection of Conflicting Functional Requirements in a Use Case-Driven Approach: A Static Analysis Technique Based on Graph Transformation. In: ICSE, pp. 105–115. ACM (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Tool download and installation, http://www.uni-marburg.de/fb12/swt/cpa