Robust Identification of Contrasted Frames in Fluoroscopic Images
For automatic registration of 3-D models of the left atrium to fluoroscopic images, a reliable classification of images containing contrast agent is necessary. Inspired by previous approaches on contrast agent detection, we propose a learning-based framework which is able to classify contrasted frames more robustly than previous methods, Furthermore, we performed a quantitative evaluation on a clinical data set consisting of 34 angiographies. Our learning-based approach reached a classification rate of 79.5%. The beginning of a contrast injection was detected correctly in 79.4%.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Brost A, Raab J, Kleinoeder A, et al. Medizinische Bildverarbeitung f¨ur die minimalinvasive Behandlung von Vorhofflimmern. DZKF. 2013;17(6):36–41.Google Scholar
- 4.Bourier F, Vukajlovic D, Brost A, et al. Pulmonary vein isolation supported by MRI-derived 3D-augmented biplane fluoroscopy: a feasibility study and a quantitative analysis of the accuracy of the technique. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2007;115:3057–63.Google Scholar
- 5.Thivierge-Gaulin D, Chou CR, Kiraly A, et al. 3D-2D registration based on meshderived image bisection. Lect Notes Computer Sci. 2012; p. 70–78.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhao X, Miao S, Du L, et al. Robust 2-D/3-D registration of CT volumes with contrast-enhanced x-ray sequences in electro-physiology based on a weighted similarity measure and sequential subspace optimization. Proc ICASSP. 2013; p. 934–8.Google Scholar
- 7.Condurache A, Aach T, Eck K, et al. Fast detection and processing of arbitrary contrast agent injections in coronary angiopgraphy and fluoroscopy. Procs BVM. 2004; p. 5–9.Google Scholar
- 8.Chen T, Funka-Lea G, Comaniciu D. Robust and fast contrast inflow detection for 2D x-ray fluoroscopy. Lect Notes Computer Sci. 2011; p. 243–50.Google Scholar
- 9.Liao R, You W, Liu Y, et al. Integrated spatiotemporal analysis for automatic contrast agent inflow detection on angiography and fluoroscopy during transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Med Phys. 2013;40(4).Google Scholar