PerGO: An Ontology towards Model Driven Pervasive Game Development
Model Driven Software Development (MDSD) & Domain Specific Modeling (DSM) are means to overcome software development challenges like increased software complexity and shortened development cycle in many domains. However, in the computer game domain it is not widely and successfully applied yet since it is not easy to understand the complex domain knowledge and use the knowledge to develop qualified DSM solutions. These difficulties can be alleviated by a deep and thorough domain analysis. In our research, we proposed an ontology to structure and accelerate the domain analysis process. To make our work more concrete, we focus on the emerging pervasive (computer) game genre.
KeywordsMDSD DSM Ontology Domain Analysis Pervasive Game
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Pohl, K., Böckle, G., Van Der Linden, F.: Software Product Line Engineering, vol. 10, pp. 3–540. Springer (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Kang, K.C., Cohen, S.G., Hess, J.A., Novak, W.E., Peterson, A.S.: Feature-Oriented Domain Analysis (FODA) Feasibility Study (November 1990)Google Scholar
- 4.Tairas, R., Mernik, M., Gray, J.: Using ontologies in the domain analysis of domain-specific languages. Springer (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Falbo, R.d.A., Guizzardi, G., Duarte, K.C.: An ontological approach to domain engineering. In: Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, ACM (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Lindt, I., et al.: A report on the crossmedia game epidemic menace. Computers in Entertainment (CIE) 5(1) (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Denny, M.: Ontology building: A survey of editing tools. In: XML.com (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Krogstie, J.: Model-based development and evolution of information systems: A Quality Approach. Springer (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Kelly, S., Tolvanen, J.-P.: Domain-Specific Modeling Enabling Full Code Generation. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (2008)Google Scholar