Utilization of Mobile Applications for the Improvement of Traffic Management Systems
In recent years, the utilization of telematics systems using the concept of Cloud Computing still increases. Also mobile phones have ceased to be the tools for conversation only. Additionally, the proliferation of new devices, such as smartphones and tablets, makes such solutions become even more useful. The paper is focused on utilization of mobile devices to assist traffic control systems. The application designed for Android, which is used for the presentation of the content of the traffic control system in Szczecin is introduced. The paper shows the concept of it, the method of its preparation and the results of experiments that demonstrate the usability of the tool in the context of reducing the negative environmental impact of the transport system.
Keywordsurban freight transport city logistics environmental impact of transport telematics systems sustainable development efficiency of transport systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Taniguchi, E., Thompson, R.G., Yamada, T.: Recent Advances in Modelling City Logistics [w:] red. E. Taniguchi, R. G. Thompson, City Logistics II, Institute of Systems Science Research, Kyoto (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Taniguchi, E., et al.: City Logistics. Network Modelling and Intelligent Transport Systems, Pergamon, Oxford (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Iwan, S.: Wdrażanie dobrych praktyk w obszarze transportu dostawczego w miastach, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Akademii Morskiej w Szczecinie, Szczecin (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.https://szr.szczecin.pl/utms/index (date of access:June 4, 2014)
- 6.Oskarbski, J., Jamroz, K., Litwin, M.: Inteligentne Systemy Transportu – Zaawansowane Systemy Zarządzania Ruchem, I Polski Kongres Drogowy Lepsze drogi – lepsze życie, Warszawa (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Kalasova, A., Krchova, Z.: Telematics applications and their influence on the human factor. Transport Problems 8(2), 89–94 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.http://www.itspolska.pl/ (date of access May 16, 2014)
- 10.https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/sockets/ (date of access:October 22, 2013)
- 11.http://developer.android.com/ (date of access:November 26, 2013)