Comparison and Assessment of Security Modeling Approaches in Terms of the QoP-ML
Nowadays, security has become one of the most mandatory essences in the development and functioning of many software systems. For the reason of complexity of designing secure systems, distinct approaches that allow developers to focus on particular properties of the system of importance for their purpose are proposed. The majority of them are model-oriented since modeling helps show relationships between processes and can be used to predict the effects of changes in the land use. In the article we present and discuss PL/SQL, SecureUML and UMLsec in terms of the Quality of Protection modeling language (QoP-ML). We focus on their capabilities to model relevant information during various phases of security analysis. To assess and compare miscellaneous modeling systems we use a systematic methodology to point out their promiscuous aspects in context of the QoP-ML.
Keywordssecurity modeling model-driven engineering model-driven security quality of protection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Feuerstein, S., Pribly, B.: Oracle PL/SQL Programming, 4th edn. O’Reilly Media Inc. (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Gasevic, D., Djuric, D., Devedzic, V.: Model Driven Engineering and Ontology Development. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Jurjens, J.: Secure Systems Development with UML. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Ksiezopolski, B., Kotulski, Z.: On scalable security model for sensor networks protocols. In: 22nd CIB-W78 Conference Information Technology in Construction, Dresden, pp. 463–469 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Ksiezopolski, B., Kotulski, Z., Szalachowski, P.: On QoP method for ensuring availability of the goal of cryptographic protocols in the real-time systems. In: Conference: European Teletraffic Seminar (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Matulevičius, R., Lakk, H., Lepmets, M.: An Approach to Assess and Compare Quality of Security Models. ComSIS 8(2), Special Issue (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.The official web page of the QoP-ML project, http://www.qopml.org