Towards Supplier Maturity Evaluation in Terms of PLM Collaboration
The product lifecycle management (PLM) system has a significant role to support the collaboration and manage the partnership between OEM and supplier to enable the success of supplier integration. Today great rates of cooperation as suppliers have been dedicated to SMEs.
Since one of the PLM task is to control the collaboration between OEM and suppliers, this paper provide supplier (SMEs) a framework to find their level of relationship with OEM and the steps that they can improve it. To respond to this trend, we defined a methodology based on collaborative matrix maturity levels and four PLM axes of strategic, organization, process and tools levels. Finally according to this matrix, we proposed a structure of a proper questionnaire and example that shows suppliers how to evaluate their positions in terms of collaboration in PLM.
KeywordsPLM OEM/Supplier Collaboration Collaboration maturity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Panetto, H., Berio, G., Benali, K., Boudjlida, N., Petit, M.: A Unified Enterprise Modelling Language for Enhanced Interoperability of Enterprise Models. In: 11th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing, INCOM 2004, Salvador, Brazil (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Xiao-li, Q., Hong, Y., Xi-ying, W., Ming-yuan, C.: Information shares of network manufacturing system based on STEP and XML. Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing System 8(7), 293–316 (2002) (Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Calvi, R., Le Dain, M., Harbi, S., Bonottoo, V.: How to manage Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) into the New Product Development Process (NPDP): several lessons from a French study. In: 10th International Annual IPSERA Conference, Jönköping, Sweden (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.PLM interest Group, http://www.plmig.com/
- 8.Messaadia, M., Belkadi, F., Eynard, B., Sahraoui, A.E.K.: System Engineering and PLM as an integrated approach for industry collaboration management. In: INCOM, Romania (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Silventoinen, A., Papinniemi, J., Lampela, H.: A Roadmap for Product Lifecycle Management Implementation in SMEs. In: ISPIM Conference, Vienna, Austria, June 21-24 (2009) ISBN 978-952-214-767-7Google Scholar
- 12.Denkena, B., Shpitalni, P., Kowalski, G., Molcho, G., Zipori, Y.: Knowledge Management in Process Planning. Annals of the CIRP 56(1) (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Pol, G., Merlo, C., Legardeur, J., Jared, G.: Implementation of collaborative design processes in to PLM systems. Int. J. Product Lifecycle Management 3(4) (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Peruzzini, M., Mengoni, M., Germani, M.: PLM benefits for networked SMEs. In: PLM11 8th International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management (2012)Google Scholar