Peak Observer Based Self-tuning of Type-2 Fuzzy PID Controllers
Fuzzy PID (proportional-integral-derivative) controllers are commonly used as an alternative to the conventional PID controllers. In order to improve the control system performance of these controllers many self-tuning methods are already studied. It is mostly observed that the self-tuning mechanism should tune the scaling factors of the fuzzy controller to enhance the transient system performance. On the other hand, these studies only focus on the ordinary (Type-1) Fuzzy PID controllers. In this study, Type-2 Fuzzy PID controllers are studied and a peak observer based self-tuning method is proposed for these controllers. In order to show the benefit of the proposed approach, several Matlab simulations are performed where different type of fuzzy control structures are compared. The results obtained from the simulation studies clearly show the advantage of the proposed approach.
KeywordsType-2 Fuzzy PID controllers self-tuning peak observer
- 2.Huang, T.T., Chung, H.Y., Lin, J.J.: A fuzzy PID controller being like parameter varying PID. In: IEEE International Fuzzy Systems Conference Proceeding, vol. 1, pp. 269–275 (1999)Google Scholar
- 13.Wu, D., Tan, W.W.: Interval Type-2 Fuzzy PI Controllers: Why They Are More Robust. In: IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing, pp. 802–807 (2010)Google Scholar
- 19.Kumbasar, H.: Hagras: Big Bang–Big Crunch optimization based interval type-2 fuzzy PID cascade controller design strategy. Inform. Sci. (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2014.06.005
- 20.Kumbasar, T.: A simple design method for interval type-2 fuzzy PID controllers. Soft Computing, 1–12 (2013)Google Scholar
- 22.Astrom, K.J., Hagglund, T.: Advanced PID Control. ISA (2005)Google Scholar