Improved Object Matching Using Structural Relations
This paper presents a method for object matching that uses local graphs called keygraphs instead of simple keypoints. A novel method to compare keygraphs was proposed in order to exploit their local structural information, producing better local matches. This speeds up an object matching pipeline, particularly using RANSAC, because each keygraph match contains enough information to produce a pose hypothesis, significantly reducing the number of local matches required for object matching and pose estimation. The experimental results show that a higher accuracy was achieved with this approach.
KeywordsLocal feature matching SIFT hierarchical k-means tree RANSAC graph-based structural information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lowe, D.G.: Distinctive image features from scale-invariant keypoints. IJCV (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Sirmacek, B., Unsalan, C.: Urban-area and building detection using SIFT keypoints and graph theory. IEEE Trans. on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.McAuley, J.J., Caetano, T.S.: Fast matching of large point sets under occlusions. Pattern Recognition (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Muja, M., Lowe, D.G.: Fast approximate nearest neighbors with automatic algorithm configuration. In: VISSAPP (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Hsiao, E., Collet, A., Hebert, M.: Making specific features less discriminative to improve point-based 3D object recognition. In: CVPR (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Szeliski, R.: Computer vision: algorithms and applications. Springer (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Lepetit, V., Moreno-Noguer, F., Fua, P.: EPnP: An accurate O(n) solution to the PnP problem. IJCV (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Ni, J., Qiu, Q., Chellappa, R.: Subspace interpolation via dictionary learning for unsupervised domain adaptation. In: CVPR (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.McAuley, J.J., Campos, T.d., Caetano, T.S.: Unified graph matching in Euclidean spaces. In: CVPR (2010)Google Scholar