Cylindrical Algebraic Decomposition in the RegularChains Library
- 1.1k Downloads
Cylindrical algebraic decomposition (CAD) is a fundamental tool in computational real algebraic geometry and has been implemented in several software. While existing implementations are all based on Collins’ projection-lifting scheme and its subsequent ameliorations, the implementation of CAD in the RegularChains library is based on triangular decomposition of polynomial systems and real root isolation of regular chains. The function in the RegularChains library for computing CAD is called CylindricalAlgebraicDecompose. In this paper, we illustrate by examples the functionality, the underlying theory and algorithm, as well the implementation techniques of CylindricalAlgebraicDecompose. An application of it is also provided.
KeywordsCylindrical algebraic decomposition triangular decomposition RegularChains
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Caviness, B., Johnson, J. (eds.): Quantifier Elimination and Cylindrical Algebraic Decomposition. Texts and Monographs in Symbolic Computation. Springer (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, C., Moreno Maza, M.: An incremental algorithm for computing cylindrical algebraic decompositions. In: Proc. ASCM 2012 (October 2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, C., Moreno Maza, M., Xia, B., Yang, L.: Computing cylindrical algebraic decomposition via triangular decomposition. In: ISSAC 2009, pp. 95–102 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Cheng, J.S., Gao, X.S., Yap, C.K.: Complete numerical isolation of real zeros in zero-dimensional triangular systems. In: ISSAC, pp. 92–99 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Collins, G.E.: Quantifier elimination for real closed fields by cylindrical algebraic decomposition. In: Brakhage, H. (ed.) GI-Fachtagung 1975. LNCS, vol. 33, pp. 515–532. Springer, Heidelberg (1975)Google Scholar
- 7.Davenport, J.H., Bradford, R.J., England, M., Wilson, D.J.: Program verification in the presence of complex numbers, functions with branch cuts etc. In: SYNASC, pp. 83–88 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Lu, Z.Y., He, B., Luo, Y., Pan, L.: An algorithm of real root isolation for polynomial systems. In: Wang, D.M., Zhi, L. (eds.) Proceedings of Symbolic Numeric Computation 2005, pp. 94–107 (2005)Google Scholar