The Basic Polynomial Algebra Subprograms
The Basic Polynomial Algebra Subprograms (BPAS) provides arithmetic operations (multiplication, division, root isolation, etc.) for univariate and multivariate polynomials over prime fields or with integer coefficients. The code is mainly written in CilkPlus  targeting multicore processors. The current distribution focuses on dense polynomials and the sparse case is work in progress. A strong emphasis is put on adaptive algorithms as the library aims at supporting a wide variety of situations in terms of problem sizes and available computing resources. One of the purposes of the BPAS project is to take advantage of hardware accelerators in the development of polynomial systems solvers. The BPAS library is publicly available in source at www.bpaslib.org .
KeywordsPolynomial arithmetic parallel processing multi-core processors Fast Fourier Transforms (FFTs)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chen, C., Mansouri, F., Moreno Maza, M., Xie, N., Xie, Y.: Parallel Multiplication of Dense Polynomials with Integer Coefficient. Technical report, The University of Western Ontario (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, C., Moreno Maza, M., Xie, Y.: Cache complexity and multicore implementation for univariate real root isolation. J. of Physics: Conf. Series 341 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Frigo, M., Johnson, S.G.: The design and implementation of FFTW3 93(2), 216–231 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.von zur Gathen, J., Gerhard, J.: Fast algorithms for taylor shifts and certain difference equations. In: ISSAC, pp. 40–47 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Hart, W., Johansson, F., Pancratz, S.: FLINT: Fast Library for Number Theory. V. 2.4.3, http://flintlib.org
- 9.Jenks, R.D., Sutor, R.S.: AXIOM, The Scientific Computation System. Springer (1992)Google Scholar
- 12.Mansouri, F.: On the parallelization of integer polynomial multiplication. Master’s thesis, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada (2014), http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~moreno/Publications/farnam-thesis.pdf
- 13.Monagan, M.B., Pearce, R.: Parallel sparse polynomial multiplication using heaps. In: ISSAC, pp. 263–270. ACM (2009)Google Scholar