Coalgebraic Weak Bisimulation from Recursive Equations over Monads
Strong bisimulation for labelled transition systems is one of the most fundamental equivalences in process algebra, and has been generalised to numerous classes of systems that exhibit richer transition behaviour. Nearly all of the ensuing notions are instances of the more general notion of coalgebraic bisimulation. Weak bisimulation, however, has so far been much less amenable to a coalgebraic treatment. Here we attempt to close this gap by giving a coalgebraic treatment of (parametrized) weak equivalences, including weak bisimulation. Our analysis requires that the functor defining the transition type of the system is based on a suitable order-enriched monad, which allows us to capture weak equivalences by least fixpoints of recursive equations. Our notion is in agreement with existing notions of weak bisimulations for labelled transition systems, probabilistic and weighted systems, and simple Segala systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bartels, F., Sokolova, A., de Vink, E.: A hierarchy of probabilistic system types. In: Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science. ENTCS, vol. 82. Elsevier (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Brengos, T.: Weak bisimulation for coalgebras over order enriched monads (2013), http://arxiv.org/abs/1310.3656
- 7.Droste, M., Kuich, W.: Semirings and formal power series. In: Droste, M., Kuich, W., Vogler, H. (eds.) Handbook of Weighted Automata. Monographs in Theoretical Computer Science, pp. 3–28. Springer (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Hasuo, I., Jacobs, B., Sokolova, A.: Generic trace semantics via coinduction. Logical Methods in Comp. Sci. (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Latella, D., Massink, M., de Vink, E.P.: Bisimulation of labeled state-to-function transition systems of stochastic process languages. In: Golas, U., Soboll, T. (eds.) Proc. ACCAT 2012. EPTCS, vol. 93, pp. 23–43 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Miculan, M., Peressotti, M.: Weak bisimulations for labelled transition systems weighted over semirings (2013), http://arxiv.org/abs/1310.4106
- 13.Milner, R.: Communication and concurrency. Prentice-Hall (1989)Google Scholar
- 17.Segala, R.: Modelling and Verification of Randomized Distributed Real-Time Systems. PhD thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1995)Google Scholar
- 19.Sokolova, A., de Vink, E.P., Woracek, H.: Coalgebraic weak bisimulation for action-type systems. Sci. Ann. Comp. Sci. 19, 93–144 (2009)Google Scholar
- 20.Staton, S.: Relating coalgebraic notions of bisimulation. Logical Methods in Computer Science 7(1) (2011)Google Scholar