Analysis of Self-⋆ and P2P Systems Using Refinement
Distributed systems and applications are becoming increasingly complex, due to factors such as dynamic topology, heterogeneity of components, failure detection. Therefore, they require effective techniques for guaranteeing safety, security and convergence. The self-⋆ systems are based on the idea of managing efficiently complex systems and architectures without user interaction. This paper presents a methodology for verifying distributed systems and ensuring safety and convergence requirements: Correct-by-construction and service-as-event paradigms are used for formalizing the system requirements using incremental refinement in Event B. Moreover, this paper describes a mechanized proof of correctness of the self-⋆ systems along with a case study related to the P2P-based self-healing protocol.
KeywordsDistributed systems self-⋆ self-healing self-stabilization P2P Event B liveness service-as-event
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abrial, J.-R.: Modeling in Event-B: System and Software Engineering. Cambridge University Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Andriamiarina, M.B., Méry, D., Singh, N.K.: Analysis of Self-⋆ and P2P Systems using Refinement (Full Report). Technical Report, LORIA, Nancy, France (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Dolev, S.: Self-Stabilization. MIT Press (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Leavens, G.T., Abrial, J.-R., Batory, D.S., Butler, M.J., Coglio, A., Fisler, K., Hehner, E.C.R., Jones, C.B., Miller, D., Jones, S.L.P., Sitaraman, M., Smith, D.R., Stump, A.: Roadmap for enhanced languages and methods to aid verification. In: Jarzabek, S., Schmidt, D.C., Veldhuizen, T.L. (eds.) GPCE, pp. 221–236. ACM (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Marquezan, C.C., Granville, L.Z.: Self-* and P2P for Network Management - Design Principles and Case Studies. Springer Briefs in Computer Science. Springer (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Méry, D.: Refinement-based guidelines for algorithmic systems. International Journal of Software and Informatics 3(2-3), 197–239 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Méry, D., Singh, N.K.: Automatic code generation from event-b models. In: Proceedings of the Second Symposium on Information and Communication Technology, SoICT 2011, pp. 179–188. ACM, New York (2011)Google Scholar