Creation of Temperature Field in a Finite Cylinder by Alternated Electromagnetic Force
One of the modern areas of applications developed during last years is effective use of electrical energy produced by alternating current in production of heat energy. This process is ecologically clean.The water is weakly electrically conducting medium (electrolyte). Devices based on this principle are developed during last ten years. Compared to classical devices with heating elements, new devices are more compact.
KeywordsBiot Number Azimuthal Component Swirl Number Heat Exchange Coefficient Swirl Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AOr83]Alijevskij, B. L., Orlov,V.I.: Calculation of the parameters of magnetic fields for axially-symmetric inductors (in Russian). Moscow (1983)Google Scholar
- [Kal94]Kalis,H.: Special computational methods for solution of MHD problems (in Russian). MHD, 30, (2), 144–155(1994)Google Scholar
- [KKP83]Kalis, H., Kolesnikov, J., Polakov, N.: Investigation of rotating flow in the transverse magnetic field (in Russian), MHD, 10, (1), 71–76 (1983)Google Scholar
- [Nar77]Narain, J.P.:Numerical prediction of confined swirling jets. Computers and Fluids, 5, 115–125 (1977)Google Scholar
- [Pat84]Patankar,S.: Calculation of the heat transfer and fluid flow problems (in Russian). Moscow, (1984)Google Scholar