A simple combinatorial algorithm achieving an approximation factor of 2 — 2/k for the multiway cut problem, Problem 4.1, was presented in Chapter 4. In this chapter we will use LP-rounding to improve the factor to 3/2.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 37.G. Calinescu, H. Karloff, and Y. Rabani. An improved approximation algorithm for multiway cut. In Proc. 30th ACM Symposium on the Theory of Computing, pages 48–52, 1998.Google Scholar
- 164.D. Karger, P. Klein, C. Stein, M. Thorup, and N. Young. Rounding algorithms for a geometric embedding of minimum multiway cut. In Proc. 29th ACM Symposium on the Theory of Computing, pages 668–678, 1999.Google Scholar
- 102.N. Garg, V.V. Vazirani, and M. Yannakakis. Multiway cuts in directed and node weighted graphs. In Proc. 21st International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming, volume 820 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 487–498. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1994.Google Scholar
- 82.G. Even, J. Naor, B. Schieber, and L. Zosin. Approximating minimum subset feedback sets in undirected graphs with applications. In Proc. 4th Israel Symposium on Theory of Computing and Systems, pages 78–88, 1996.Google Scholar
- 83.G. Even, J. Naor, and L. Zosin. An 8-approximation algorithm for the subset feedback vertex set problem. In Proc. 37th IEEE Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pages 310–319, 1996.Google Scholar