Joint Multiresolution and Background Detection Reconstruction for Magnetic Particle Imaging
Magnetic particle imaging is a tracer-based medical imaging technology that is quite promising for the task of imaging vessel structures or blood flows. From this possible application it can be deduced that significant areas of the image domain are related to background, because the tracer material is only inside the vessels and not in the surrounding tissue. From this fact alone it seems promising to detect the background of the image in early stages of the reconstruction process. This paper proposes a multiresolution and segmentation based reconstruction, where the background is detected on a coarse level of the reconstruction with only few degrees of freedom by a Gaussian-mixture model and transferred to finer reconstruction levels.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Rahmer J, Weizenecker J, Gleich B, et al. Signal encoding in magnetic particle imaging: properties of the system function. BMC Med Imaging. 2009;9(4):4.Google Scholar
- 6.Maass M, Mink C, Mertins A. Joint multiresolution magnetic particle imaging and system matrix compression. Int J Magn Part Imaging. 2018;4(2).Google Scholar
- 7.Siebert H, Maass M, Ahlborg M, et al. MMSE MPI reconstruction using background identification. Proc Int Workshop Magn Part Imaging. 2016; p. 58.Google Scholar
- 8.Bathke C, Kluth T, Brandt C, et al. Improved image reconstruction in magnetic particle imaging using structural a priori information. Int J Magn Part Imaging. 2017;3(1).Google Scholar
- 9.Layer T, Blaickner M, Knäusl B, et al. PET image segmentation using a gaussian mixture model and markov random fields. EJNMMI Phys. 2015;2(1).Google Scholar