Refugees and Forced Migration from Eritrea and Ethiopia to Sudan
This paper attempts to highlight the question of refugees coming to Sudan (with focus on Eritrean and Ethiopian refugees). This paper discusses the current situation of refugees, and investigates gaps in the literature on Eritrean and Ethiopian refugees. It also seeks to highlight possible future research areas. In terms of the refugee crisis, Sudan represents an interesting case in the Horn of Africa.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BBC News. (20 June 2016). “Refugees at highest ever level, reaching 65m, says UN”. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-36573082
- “Falasha” scandal (1982). The transfer of Ethiopian Jews to Israel, orchestrated by the Sudanese intelligence and the CIA. https://www.booksgoogle.com/books?isbn=1439109664.
- Karadawi, Ahmed 1999. Refugee policy in Sudan, 1967–1984. New York. Berghahn Books.Google Scholar
- Koser, K., & Kuschminder, K. (2015). Comparative research on the assisted voluntary return and reintegration of migrants. International Organization for Migration. https://www.iom.int/files/live/sites/iom/files/what-we-Do/docs/AVRR-Research-final.pdf
- Malk, B. Y. (2016). Human Trafficking and Human Smuggling to and from Eastern Sudan: Intended and Unintended Consequences of States’ Policies. Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 5(1), 215.Google Scholar
- Marchand, K, Roosen, I., Reinold, J. & Siegel, M. (2016). Irregular Migration from and in the East and Horn of Africa. Report commissioned by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in the framework of the EU-funded Better Migration Management (BMM) Programme. http://www.merit.unu.edu/publications/uploads/1496241719.pdf
- Schmitt, Celine (2014). “UNHCR completes challenging repatriation of almost 120,000 Congolese refugees”. http://www.unhcr.org/53e0ac5f9.html. UNHCR. Retrieved July 2016.
- Strachan, A. L. (2016). Rapid fragility and migration assessment for Sudan. http://reliefweb.int/report/sudan/rapid-fragility-and-migration-assessment-sudan-rapid-literature-review-february-2016
- Sudan Regulation of Asylum Act (1974). Refworld – published by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Khartoum, SudanGoogle Scholar
- UNHCR (2014). “Global forced displacement trends. (Annexes) UNHCR Statistical Yearbook”. http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c4d6.html. United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) (2015). “UNHCR – Global Trends – Forced Displacement in 2014”. http://unhcr.org/556725e69.html
- USCR 2006. World refugee survey 2006: risks and rights. Washington DC: US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants.Google Scholar
- USCR 2007. World refugee survey 2007: risks and rights. Washington DC: US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants.Google Scholar