Life in Refugee Camps: The Challenges of Refugees with Disability in Kenya
The ever-dynamic environments within which our daily lives are run have increasingly presented difficulties in comprehensively understanding human lives and in effectively managing the undesirable situations that we often find ourselves in. More importantly, the rise in calamities, both anthropogenic and natural, has made it increasingly difficult to predict the general flow of life. There has been an increase in the number of refugees globally.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aiden, H., & McCarthy, A. (2014). Current Attitudes towards Disabled People. Scope, UK. Forskel ADHD-døv: 0,522 (< 0, 0001) Forskel kørestol-døv: 0,541 (< 0, 0001).Google Scholar
- Amnesty International. (2015). The Global Refugee Crisis: A Conspiracy of Neglect.Google Scholar
- CBM. (2012). Inclusion Made Easy: A Quick Program Guide to Disability in Development, 1–202. Retrieved from http://www.cbm.org/article/downloads/78851/CBM_Inclusion_Made_Easy_-_complete_guide.pdf
- Goedhart, G. V. H. (1997). Protracted Refugee: The Search for Practical Solutions. The State of the World’s Refugees.Google Scholar
- Goodwin-Gill, B. G. S. (2008). Convention relating to the Status of Refugees; Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees, 1–9.Google Scholar
- Gowlland-Debbas, V. (1995). The Problem of Refugees in The Light of Contemporary International Law Issues.Google Scholar
- Guernsey, K., Nicoli, M., & Ninio, A. (2007). Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Its implementation and Relevance for the World Bank. SP Discussion Paper, (712).Google Scholar
- HelpAge International, & Handicap International. (2014). Hidden Victims of the Syrian Crisis: Disabled, Injured and Older Refugees.Google Scholar
- Internet Source: https://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/bashar-assad-syria-refugees-terrorists-yahoo-interview-234890; Syria’s Assad: Some refugees are terrorists by Louis Nelson 02/10/2017 07:35 AM EST.
- Kamau, C., & Fox, J. (2013). The Dadaab Dilemma: A Study on Livelihood Activities and Opportunities for Dadaab Refugees. Intermedia Development Consultants.Google Scholar
- Katola, M. T. (1998). The Refugees and the Displaced in Africa: A Challenge to Christians. 141–151.Google Scholar
- Reilly, R. (2007). Disabilities among Refugees and Conflict-Affected Populations, 8–10.Google Scholar
- Trindade, A. A. C. (2008). Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Audiovisual Library of International LawGoogle Scholar
- UNHCR. (2010). Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, 28 July 1951, United Nations, Treaty Series, vol. 189, p. 137, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/3be01b964.html [accessed 21 March 2017]
- UNHCR. (2012). The State of the World’s Refugees: In Search of Solidarity, Trends in Forced DisplacementGoogle Scholar
- UNHCR. (2014). Overview of the refugee situation in Africa “Enhancing International Cooperation, Solidarity, Local Capacities and Humanitarian Action for Refugees in Africa”, (December 2013), 1–10.Google Scholar
- UNHCR. (2015). Kenya Comprehensive Refugee Programme, 1–70.Google Scholar
- WHO. (2011). World Report on Disability. Geneva.Google Scholar
- Women’s Refugee Commission. (2013). Disability Inclusion in the Syrian Refugee Response in Lebanon, (July).Google Scholar