Blue Ocean Strategy® in China—Successful Examples in E-Commerce
- 4.1k Downloads
The objective of this article is to analyze the Blue Ocean Strategy® in China, especially in e-commerce. This contribution mainly focuses on four e-commerce companies by analyzing their business-models and developments. In China, Blue Ocean Strategy® has been ardently discussed since the Chinese market has become increasingly mature. According to data from World Bank, its GDP is 9.24 trillion US dollars and accounted for about 15% of the world GDP in 2013.
- Chen MC., Wu PJ., & Xiong WH. (2015). Explicating the trends of China’s logistics services for electronic commerce. In M. Gen, K. Kim, X. Huang, Y.Hiroshi (Eds.), Industrial engineering, management science and applications 2015. Lecture notes in electrical engineering (Vol. 349). Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- Huang, T. (2008). Blue ocean strategy in China. China: Higher Education Press (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Iclick Interactive. (2013). China eCommerce market analysis report 2013. o. O. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kim, W. C., & Mauborgne, R. (2005). Blue ocean strategy: How to create uncontested market space and make the competition irrelevant. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.Google Scholar
- Lowrey, Y. (2013). The Alibaba way: Unleashing grass-roots entrepreneurship to build the world’s most innovative internet company Alibaba. New York: McGraw Hill.Google Scholar
- Qin Z., Chang Y., Li S., & Li F. (2014). E-commerce and e-Commerce strategy. In E-Commerce Strategy. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Wei, G., & Kui, Y. (2013). Analysis of JD and Tmall logistic distribution model. Technology and Market 2, o. O. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zeng, L. (2013). The great transformation. Beijing: Science Press (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 吴晓波; 商战-电商时代Google Scholar
- 郎咸平; 蓝海战略大溃败Google Scholar
- 胡珺喆; 移动互联网之巅Google Scholar
- 金振业; 杀出一条血路Google Scholar
- About: Chinese New Year. ‘CCTV New Year’s Gala’. http://chineseculture.about.com/od/chinesefestivals/a/Chinese-New-Year-Cctv-New-Years-Gala.htm. Accessed 7. June 2015.
- Alibaba Group. Alibaba SEC Filings. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1577552/000119312514184994/d709111df1.htm. Accessed 22. July 2015.
- Alibaba Group. Homepage about us. http://ab.alipay.com/i/jieshao.htm. Accessed 21. June 2015.
- Alibaba Group. Homepage. http://www.aliloan.com/. Accessed 21 June 2015.
- Alizila. AliCloud Races to Build Cloud Infrastructure. http://www.alizila.com/alicloud-races-build-cloud-infrastructure. Accessed 21 May 2015.
- Alizila. PRC Companies to Invest $16 Billion in Logistics Network. http://www.alizila.com/prc-companies-invest-16-billion-logistics-network. Accessed 11 June 2015.
- Baidu. Homepage about. http://www.baidu.com. Accessed 25 June 2015.
- Blueoceanstrategy. Homepage. http://www.blueoceanstrategy.com/. Accessed 21. May 2015.
- Blueoceanstrategy. Elibrary. https://www.blueoceanstrategy.com/elibrary/. Accessed 16. June 2015.
- Chinadaily. Alibaba, partners establish national logistics network. http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2013-05/29/content_16542115.htm. Accessed 2. Aug. 2015.
- Chinaeconomic. Taxing Taobao. http://www.chinaeconomicreview.com/taxing-taobao. Accessed 7. June 2015.
- CIA. The world Factbook. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.html. Accessed 15. June 2015.
- Dailymail. biggest IPO in US history. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2761551/Alibaba-prices-IPO-68-share.html. Accessed 4. June 2015.
- Forbes. How EBay failed In China. http://www.forbes.com/sites/china/2010/09/12/how-ebay-failed-in-china/. Accessed 8. Aug. 2015.
- Forbes. Alibaba: here are the key growth drivers in the Chinese E-Commerce market. http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2015/06/02/alibaba-here-are-the-key-growth-drivers-in-the-chinese-e-commerce-market/. Accessed 21. June 2015.
- Hexun. 无心插柳柳成荫,“无知无畏”做电商(1). http://data.book.hexun.com/chapter-17738-1-12.shtml. Accessed 27. June 2015.
- Iclick Interactive. China eCommerce market analysis report 2013. https://www.slideshare.net/brentc123/china-ecommerce-market-analysis-final-report-2013/2-Table_of_Contents1_Industry_review. Accessed 21. June 2015.
- JD. Homepage Corporate profile. http://en.jd.com/help/question-7.html. Accessed 15. June 2015.
- People.cn. O2O入侵广场舞大妈群体:打造京东配送员. http://history.people.com.cn/peoplevision/n/2015/0330/c371464-26769822.html. Accessed 16. June 2015.
- Quandl. GDP as Share of World GDP at PPP by Country. https://www.quandl.com/c/economics/gdp-as-share-of-world-gdp-at-ppp-by-country. Accessed 13. June 2015.
- Reuters. Xiaomi revenue doubled to $12 billion in 2014: CEO microblog. http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/04/us-xiaomi-sales-idUSKBN0KD0CQ20150104. Accessed 28. July 2015.
- Taobao. What is Alipay-Paypal of China. http://taobaoshopping.org/what-is-alipay-paypal-of-china/. Accessed 12. June 2015.
- Techinasia. China’s ecommerce market was worth $2 trillion in 2014. https://www.techinasia.com/chinas-ecommerce-market-worth-2-trillion-2014/. Accessed 28. May 2015.
- Tencent. Homepage about. http://www.tencent.com/en-us/at/abouttencent.shtml. Accessed 21. May 2015.
- The World Bank Group. Data of China. http://data.worldbank.org/country/china. Accessed 13. June 2015.
- Xiaomi. Homepage about. http://www.mi.com/en/about/. Accessed 2. Aug. 2015.